Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.… for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my chosen people, the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise. (Isaiah 43:19-21 ESV)
River City Reformed Church is a brand new church in Little Rock. Some might wonder why we need another church at all, much less a church that has a vision to start another church that will start other churches? So why do we want to do this and why should you join us?
- It is Biblical. In obedience to the great commission in Matthew 28:18-19, the church in Acts expanded from Jerusalem to Rome with a recognizable pattern: plant, build up, and send out leaders to another place.
- Its impact is extraordinary. Studies show that church planting is the most effective way to reach new people. The average new church gains 1/3 to 2/3 of its new members from those not attending any worshipping body, while churches over ten years old gain 80-90% of their new members from Christians transferring from one church to another. According to the numbers, new churches are 6-8 times more effective reaching new people. Studies show that in an average church plant, you see one new believer for every three people attending. At an existing church, stats show only one new believer per 95 members.
- Its need is great. Many will say that we already have plenty of churches and Christians in Little Rock. But did you know that according to 2010 data, 49% of the people in the Little Rock, North Little Rock and Conway metro area are not connected to any church. That is roughly 370,000 people who are unconnected to any church! At River City Reformed, we pray to see many of those people consider the gospel of Jesus Christ, believe it, join the church, and then become leaders and helpers in starting other churches. Many great things are already happening in Little Rock, but still so many needs exist and we hope to serve Little Rock well and move forward.
We pray you’ll feel called by God to partner with us in this new ministry in Little Rock. How can you get involved?
- Join with us as we gather together to reach Little Rock with the hope of the Gospel through authentic community, faithful teaching and preaching, biblical worship and meaningful ministry. Click here for information about where and when we meet. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pray with us regularly by following our news and prayer requests at https://rivercityarp.org/category/news-and-prayer-requests/. Place us on your church prayer list. Pray for us in your Bible study or discipleship groups. And pray for us in your times of family worship.
- Promote us on social media to expand our reach by:
- Following the website. Click on the link to “Follow…” below and enter your email address. This will ensure that you get updates and stay connected with everything going on at River City Reformed.
- Putting links to http://rivercityarp.org on your blog or website.
- Following us on Facebook and Twitter at RiverCityARP
- Partner with us by committing to support the work through a one-time or ongoing financial gift to meet the needs of the ministry.
Photo by Paz Arando on Unsplash